Bryony Kate Howard has been a phonetics, linguistics and TEFL trainer since 1997 throughout Europe, and an intercultural trainer since 2007. She has worked for major European companies.
Liga Jaunupe, an experienced relocation and integration specialist and fellow expat, will teach you how to improve your chances in the social and professional areas in the Netherlands.
Training : Advanced Business English & Integration
Language courses are part of the relocation program that is offered by cocreation partner of Projob: We4Expats.
For expats and/or their spouses who have a minimum English level of B2* and want to upgrade their English language skills to improve integration in their work or live environment.
We believe that learning works best when you are having fun! In this language course you practice topics which will help you to understand business skills such as presentations and meetings as well as learning to work with cultural differences thus easing the transition into your (new) life or job and improving the quality of your life.
Course aim: advanced business English skills for non-native English speakers who have to speak English at a multi-cultural work place or place to live, and intercultural integration.
Course duration: a 10-week programme of 90 minute sessions that consist of 70 minutes Business English and 20 minutes integration.
Method: the “Total immersion and inclusion and interaction” method.
- Total immersion - The whole course will be taught in the target language, errors will be noted and dealt with during the course and new vocabulary will be tested.
- Total Inclusion - the course will be as close to the reality of the attendees as possible and attendees are welcome to bring examples of work they have done themselves such as emails or presentations for distribution and correction.
- Total interaction: a teacher talking time of only 30% with the participants producing 70% of the input.
Some topics Business English
- Emails and written correspondence
- Small talks and telephoning
- HR words/interviews
Some topics Integration
- What is considered cultural identity?
- How do we approach making friends, new searches and new business opportunities in The Netherlands?
- You will learn how to design your personal and business pitches, better understand the corporate style surrounding you and improve your own skills and talents.
Date: 10-week programme on Wednesdays
Time: 18.00 – 19.30 (attendees can stay up until 20.00 to network)
Location: Projob Amsterdam
Maximum group size: 8
Costs: €580.00 material incuded
*Testing will be done by In-Situ to assess this.