Are you a service minded person, good with numbers and looking for a new challenge in an international company? Are you fluent in German and English and do you have great communication skills? Then we are looking for you!
Over de functie
For one of our clients, an international fashion & lifestyle brand, we are looking for a German speaking candidate with basic understanding of bookkeeping and accounting. Somebody who is available to take on a maternity leave for 7 months starting June 1st and possibly stay longer.
The (Junior) Credit Controller is responsible for ensuring timely payment behaviour of the customers. This will result in a balanced aging of the A/R ledger, a solid cash position, low DSO and minimal credit risk.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Monitor the A/R ageing;
- Contact customers regarding overdue invoices;
- Resolve payment differences/disputes;
- Communicate with the credit insurance company regarding credit limits, overdue customers and legal proceedings;
- Partake in regular credit reviews to maximize delivery performance whilst minimizing credit exposure;
- Monitor deliveries blocked for credit and if deemed possible release for shipment;
- Assist in maintaining customer master data;
- Reconcile payments;
- Inform and liaise with sales/customer service;
- Assist the credit analysis team in their decisions;
- Assist the Senior Credit Controller in updating weekly and monthly reports;
- Maintain various control files/reports.
- Fluency in German and English required both spoken and written;
- Good internal and external communication skills;
- Knowledge of various methods of payment;
- Basic understanding of bookkeeping and accounting;
- PC literate with well-developed spread sheet and word processing skills (MS Excel and MS Word);
- Good, confident and assertive yet patient telephone manner;
- Attention to detail and the willingness to "discover" and "innovate";
- Good arithmetic skills;
- Good organization and administrative skills;
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize;
- Self-disciplined and self-motivating attitude
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as individually
- Commercial orientation towards customer requirements.