Are you a self-starter with the ability to proactively identify issues and opportunities for improvement, propose resolutions and implement solutions? Are you able to work under pressure and perform detailed research and provide solution driven results? Then we might be looking for you, please continue reading!
Over de functie
For an international company in Amsterdam we are looking for a General Ledger Accountant. This position is responsible for handling various accounting and reporting matters in support of the company's international businesses, with a focus on account reconciliation.
Responsibilities to include, but are not limited to
- Performs daily open item clearing;
- Performs journal entries, reporting analysis and prepares documentation to support journal entries and reconciliations;
- Completes monthly/quarterly/annual reconciliations in the Reconciliation tool, including Balance Sheet accounts, Inter-company confirmations, Fixed Assets, Payroll;
- Responsible for the monthly, quarterly and Annual closing of your entities;
- Reporting and analysis - balance and non by title P&L review;
- Support to Annual statutory accounts and Audit process;
- Statistic and adhoc Reports required for the different territories;
- Special projects and other duties as requested and assigned by management.
- Recognized degree in accounting/finance;
- Minimum of 4 to 5 years work experience providing accounting support to a global organization;
- Knowledge of financial analysis, US GAAP, IFRS;
- Proficiency with SAP Financials and Microsoft Excel advanced;
- Proficiency in accounting for intangible assets, and Fixed Assets, including recognition criteria, value considerations, and rules surrounding amortization;
- Proficiency in accounting for employee benefits and payroll for a global organization;
- Proficiency in other income and expense recognition, including interest income and expense;
- Understanding of appropriate reconciliation processes, and required supporting documentation (3rd party documentation, internal vs external system documentation, etc.);
- Must have excellent English written & oral communication and inter-personal skills;
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively communicate with business unit-specific accounting teams;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, prioritize workload efficiently and meet strict deadlines for complete tasks / assignments;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Self-starter with ability to proactively identify issues and opportunities for improvement, propose resolutions and implement solutions;
- Ability to work under great pressure;
- Proven ability to perform detailed research and to provide solution driven results.