Are you a native Dutch speaker and fluent in English? Do you have at least 3 - 5 years of experience of working Accounts with strong double entry skills? For an international network of higher-education institutions we are looking for an experienced Accountant / Bookkeeper.
Over de functie
In this role you would be responsible for ensuring that accurate and timely accounting of transactions takes place in the books of accounts supported by adequate and appropriate documentation.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- On time verification, processing & accounting of payables/receivables;
- Reconciliation of bankbooks;
- You will be responsible for preparing regular financial reports to the head office on a daily, weekly and monthly basis, including cash movements, accounts receivable and payable, income and expenses, etc. as defined by company management;
- You will be tasked with preparation of income tax and VAT returns in accordance with the Dutch tax code;
- You will be the main contact person to administer vendor relationships for accounts payable, accounts receivable, travel expenses, inter-company reconciliations, bank reconciliations, revenue recognition and other general ledger-related tasks;
- You will be responsible for payroll accounting and related calculations such as gross-to-net salaries and benefits, relevant taxes and deductions etc., as well as preparation and submission of returns and declarations as appropriate;
- You would also be expected to ensure compliance with requirements specified under various statutes in respect of the payments made to vendors and employees;
- Your work profile would require you to organize and liaise with various departments within the organisation and various outside agencies for successful carrying out of the work responsibilities entrusted to you;
- Assistance with administrative matters such as maintaining mail register, staff attendance records, etc;
- Ad hoc as required.
Desired candidate profile:
- At least 3 - 5 years of experience of working Accounts with strong double entry skills;
- Relevant educational background and/or professional qualification;
- Hands on experience of using accounting software;
- Have a flare for numbers, work well with people, and aggressively anticipate impacts of workload / issues to deadlines.
- Proficiency in the English language (speaking and writing), native Dutch speaker.