Are you an experienced Key Account Manager with a technical background and a distinct ability to work in teams?
About the job
Our client is an international LED and Laser diode manufacturer. For their Amsterdam office we are looking for a Key Account Manager.
Summary of position
The Key Account Manager is responsible for identifying, qualifying and generating sales opportunities and pursuing these to successful closure. He/she must present solutions to potential customers or identify new opportunities as well as maintain current customer base. Must be capable of developing customer relationships at all levels and guide sales through opportunity planning, project sales, design involvement and value selling. Must be well-versed in the details of products and be able to promote these to customers both remotely and in person. Negotiate pricing and terms with customers.
- B2B International industrial sales of Laser diode products;
- Maintain in-depth product knowledge, application requirements, competitive landscape and market dynamics;
- Strategically identify and develop new business while maintaining and increasing existing business;
- Develop and deliver presentations and proposals to achieve desired results;
- Market Research, Sales Forecast/Planning and data maintenance;
- Full administration related to your job; from sampling to quotations and the pro-active management of Accounts Receivables;
- Travelling in and around Europe approx. 30%-40% or more
- Reporting to seniors in Europe / corporate HQ in Japan
- Ability to manage multiple accounts;
- Ability to sell on value instead of only price;
- Accepts responsibility and is accountable for achieving sales targets;
- High energy and passion towards achieving sales objectives through solving customers needs;
- Interpersonal skills required to work efficiently and effectively with co-workers, supervisors and outside customers;
- Ability to cultivate sustained relationships with key employees of targeted customers at all appropriate levels;
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems;
- Ability to pay attention to details and gather comprehensive information on customer needs and competition;
- Capable of preserving confidential or sensitive information;
- Strong oral, written and technical communication skills;
- Ability to present, persuade, negotiate, and close business;
- Knowledge of practical application of engineering, science and technology;
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, production methods, and coordination of people and resources;
- Excellent in English;
- Fluent in German;
- Proficient computer skills MS Office.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electronics, Electrical, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering from accredited institution strongly preferred;
- Technical background (Laser Diode/Optical/Semiconductor) ability to discuss products and developments with clients;
- 10+ years commercial industry experience strongly required.
Required soft skills
- Integrated personality - being able to establish a good relationship with international customers and with colleagues;
- Team player;
- High flexibility;
- Self starter;
- Open to different cultures;
- Naturally calm and patient but energetic disposition.