Are you an experienced Key Account Manager with a technical background and a distinct ability to work in teams?
About the job
Our client is an international LED and Laser diode manufacturer. For their Amsterdam office we are looking for a Key Account Manager LED.
You are responsible for generating sales and pursuing these to successful closure. You present solutions to your customers and guide sales through opportunity planning, project sales, design involvement and value selling. You are able to explain the products in detail and promote these to customers both remotely and in person and negotiate pricing and terms.
- Maintain in-depth product knowledge, application requirements, competitive landscape and market dynamics;
- Develop and deliver presentations and proposals to achieve desired results;
- Market Research, Sales Forecast/Planning and data maintenance;
- Full administration related to your job; from sampling to quotations and the pro-active management of Accounts Receivables;
- Travelling in and around Europe approx. 30%-40% or more;
- Reporting to seniors in Europe / corporate HQ in Japan.
- You can sell on value instead of only price;
- You use logic and reasoning and pay attention to detail;
- Strong oral, written and technical communication skills;
- Ability to present, persuade, negotiate, and close business;
- Knowledge of practical application of engineering, science and technology;
- Knowledge of strategic planning, resource allocation, production methods, and coordination of people and resources;
- Excellent in English; fluent in Spanish and Dutch ;
- Proficient computer skills MS Office.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electronics, Electrical, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering from accredited institution strongly preferred;
- Technical background (LED/Semiconductor) ability to discuss products and developments with clients;
- 5+ years commercial industry experience strongly required.
Required soft skills
- Integrated personality;
- Team player and self starter;
- High flexibility.