Are you an experienced Key Account Manager with a technical background and a distinct ability to work in teams?
About the job
Our client is an international LED and Laser diode manufacturer. For their Amsterdam office we are looking for a Key Account Manager Laser Diode.
- You are responsible for identifying, qualifying and generating sales opportunities and pursuing these to successful closure;
- You present solutions to potential and existing customers;
- You guide sales through opportunity planning, project sales, design involvement and value selling;
- You are able to promote the products to customers both remotely and in person and negotiate pricing and terms with customers.
- Maintain in-depth product knowledge, application requirements, competitive landscape and market dynamics;
- Strategically Identify and develop new business while maintaining and increasing existing business;
- Develop and deliver presentations and proposals to achieve desired results;
- Market Research, Sales Forecast/Planning and data maintenance;
- Full administration related to your job; from sampling to quotations and the pro-active management of Accounts Receivables;
- Travelling in and around Europe approx. 30%-40% or more;
- Reporting to seniors in Europe / corporate HQ in Japan.
- You are able to sell on value instead of price alone;
- Interpersonal skills required to work efficiently and effectively with co-workers, supervisors and outside customers;
- Ability to invent alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems;
- Strong oral, written and technical communication skills;
- Ability to present, persuade, negotiate, and close business;
- Knowledge of practical application of engineering, science and technology;
- Strategic planning, resource allocation, production methods, and coordination of people and resources;
- Excellent in English, Fluent in German;
- Proficient computer skills MS Office.ducation/Experience;
- Bachelor's Degree in Electronics, Electrical, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering from accredited institution strongly preferred;
- Technical background (Laser Diode/Optical/Semiconductor) ability to discuss products and developments with clients;
- 10+ years commercial industry experience strongly required.
Required soft skills
- Integrated personality;
- Team player and self starter;
- High flexibility.